Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Digital Health
Fellowship of the Institute recognises your outstanding professional accomplishment in digital health and health informatics. You will hold the highest membership level of the Institute, acknowledging your education, experience and the impact you make on the health sector.
Members who have transitioned from the Health Informatics Society of Australia are invited to upgrade their membership by applying for Fellowship of the Institute. Follow the steps below to start the process by reviewing your eligibility.
Tony Abbenante, FAIDH
What is a Fellow?
A Fellow is the highest category of professional attainment bestowed by the Australasian Institute of Digital Health. Fellows of the Institute are national and international thought leaders, experts and trusted advisers in the digital health movement.
Your status as an AIDH Fellow will give you:
- the right to include the post-nominals “FAIDH” after your name as evidence of your professional accomplishment
- entrance into the AIDH Fellowship Alumni
- a widely recognised expression of your professional achievements and status in health informatics and digital health
- an industry/career standing recognised by major employers and recruiters
An Associate Fellowship may be bestowed upon an outstanding health informatics professional to recognise their professional achievements on the way to receiving Fellowship status.
Do you qualify?
To be eligible for admission to the Australasian Institute of Digital Health as a Fellow or Associate Fellow, you must fulfill a specified level of academic, work and community experience criteria assessed on a points system, and also:
- have the capacity to make or have made a measurable contribution to digital health and health informatics, and
- be an ethical user of health information, demonstrate professional integrity and have verifiable professional documentation.
How to apply
When you apply for Fellowship, you automatically become a Member of the Institute while your eligibility is being assessed.
To commence the application process, download and complete the Eligibility Form and gather the required documentation.
* The fees for a Fellow are $500 annually and Associate Fellows $400.
This is renewed annually, enabling you to continue using the post-nominals FAIDH and AFAIDH.
A/Prof Farah Magrabi, FAIDH
International Members and Fellowship
Fellowship of the AIDH for international residents
You can be a Fellow or Associate Fellow of the Institute even if you reside outside Australia.
Members of international health informatics and digital health peak bodies who meet the eligibility requirements are invited to enquire about Fellowship. In 2020, the Institute is offering a special introductory rate for new international Fellows and Associate Fellows.
To apply, please email Membership and attach evidence of your local association membership to receive more information and get your Fellowship application underway.