DIGITAL HEALTH INSTITUTE SUMMIT NOVEMBER 2020
About the Summit
The Australasian Institute of Digital Health presents its inaugural national conference, uniting the digital health movement in 2020, one of the health sector’s most challenging years.
More than 1,500 Fellows and Members of the Institute welcome practitioners from all fields of healthcare as well as technologists, decision makers and digital entrepreneurs to join this history-making Digital Health Institute Summit 2020.
The conference will bring together clinical leaders, researchers, innovators and forward thinkers to present the latest thinking, innovation, and ideas, practical case studies, life experiences, cutting edge technology and the best research and evidence for the advancement of healthcare through digital health.
In the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife, the Summit will also profile one of our sector’s largest workforces as it emerges as a frontline champion this year.
Digital health has never been more needed and we look forward to bringing the community together and celebrating individual and organisational achievements and the many innovations and advances in health technology made during this extraordinary time.
Healthier lives, digitally enabled
Chair, Digital Health Institute Summit 2020
Digital health executive and sector leader, Michael Walsh was appointed independent chair of the Australasian Institute of Digital Health in February 2020. The former Director-General of Queensland Health from July 2015, he was also Chair of the Australian Health Ministers Advisory Council (AHMAC) providing advice to the COAG Health Council from 2016 to 2018 and was on the Board of the Australian Digital Health Agency which is responsible for the My Health Record.
- Analytics and the learning health system
- Clinical informatics
- Digital health workforce development
- Health policy, ethics and business models
- Informatics in health professional education
- Innovations, informaticians and digital health entrepreneurship
- Integrated and connected care
- Interoperability and informatics infrastructure
- Nursing Informatics
- Participatory medicine and consumer informatics – Involving the patient
- System implementations and digital hospitals
- Telehealth and virtual care
- Public health
- Primary and community care