The next International Nursing Informatics Conference will be held in Manchester, UK in July 2024. We are seeking willing and enthusiastic individuals to join our Scientific Programme and Editorial Committees.
We would welcome expressions of interest from individuals with research and/or practice implementation and/or education expertise. We are seeking to appoint a committee that represents the diversity of the International Nursing Informatics community, with members from across continents and with a range of experience. We would particularly welcome individuals who are currently students or early in their nursing informatics careers.
Committee members would be expected to attend regular planning meetings for the conference, and provide expert input to the conference programme, ensuring a high quality and diverse range of presentations and other types of activity that would be of interest to the nursing informatics community.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Evidence of research, practice implementation and/or education expertise in the field of nursing informatics (applicable to experience)
- Statement of contribution to the committee – what, how, why
- Demonstrable ability to provide the level of commitment required to be a meaningful contributor to committee work
The role of Scientific Programme Committee will:
- Determine the theme of the conference
- Design call for papers/presentations
- Manage process for review of submissions and composition of final scientific programme
- Collaborate with Editorial team for proceedings publication
- Collaborate with local conference planning committee to coordinate final scientific programme
The role of Editorial Committee will:
- Determine composition of proceedings publication
- Write/co-write editorial components of proceedings publication
- Work with publisher regarding requirements for publication
If you are interested but would like more information please contact the Conference Chair, Dawn Dowding ([email protected])
All interested individuals should submit a 2 page summary CV and a short statement (300 words maximum) to [email protected] outlining why they would like to be considered for the Committees and how they could contribute to the Conference organisation. In your application please also state which Committee you are applying to join.
Deadline: Monday 19th December
We will inform individuals of the outcome in January 2023