The Australasian Institute of Digital Health has appointed health and technology sector leaders to an expert advisory group charged with driving the national conversation on new business models of healthcare.
Institute CEO Dr Louise Schaper says members of the group have decades of experience working across healthcare in Australia and internationally as clinicians, digital health executives, architects and planners, policymakers, change agents and innovators.
“Our first expert advisory group will lead the conversation for change, for a sustainable health system that is accessible, consumer centric, and designed to engage consumers and patients” Dr Schaper said. “The expert advisors will explore new ideas and models around healthcare delivery and funding.”
“If we are to transform Australian health and social care through digital health, we need to bring new ways of thinking to the table.”
Dr Schaper said Expert Advisory Groups were a mechanism for engaging expert Fellows, Members and invited stakeholders in the Institute’s leadership and advocacy strategy Shifting the Dial. Two more advisory groups will be announced in coming days, she said.
The members of the expert advisory group on changing the business models of healthcare are:
- Prof Mary Foley AM FAIDH Telstra Health Board Director
- Dr Amandeep Hansra FAIDH General Practitioner and digital health expert
- Damien Green FAIDH Deputy Director General, eHealth Queensland
- Richard Taggart FAIDH CHIA Chief Information Officer, Sydney Local Health District
- Dr Adrian Boscolo CHIA General Practitioner at RPA Virtual Hospital
- Dr Jill Freyne Deputy Chief Scientist, CSIRO
- Professor of Health Economics Michael Woods University of Technology Sydney
- David Kempson FAIDH 161 Digital Tactics
- Dr Shainal Nathoo Principal Clinical Advisor ANZ, Dedalus
- Richard Rendell Managing Director, Applied Precision Medicine
- Mark Nevin FAIDH Director, EY
- John Sutherland Chief Information Officer, HammondCare
- Dr Travis Grant Managing Director, Accenture
- Danielle Shala Data Scientist, Honeysuckle Health
- Dr Gabriel Paykin CHIA Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Dr Helen Bevan Chief Transformation Officer, NHS (UK)