Silver Chain Group is developing a new digital strategy which aims to further strengthen agility in the organisation to respond quickly to changing market c onditions and the fast-changing health and aged care technology market.
A key part of the strategy is the creation and implementation of an electronic client record (ECR) which delivers an efficient digital solution to both our clients and care teams.
Reporting directly to the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) the Director Clinical Informatics and Engagement is an integral member of the Digital Services Team and provides project and operational leadership in the implementation of the ECR.
The Director Clinical Informatics and Engagement’s objective is to work collaboratively, through high levels of engagement, to bring together health and care staff, with technology and digital to progress towards the implementation of the electronic client record (ECR).
This will be achieved through communicating and engaging effectively with the health and care teams, translating and facilitating the digital requirements between front line staff and the digital services teams to ensure the ECR is structured and configured to meet the needs of staff and client users.
The role works with both health and digital professionals to lead the design and delivery of user group governance and project delivery.
- Link and facilitate the engagement of health and care team members in digital projects and changes by translating between the clinical requirements and technical capabilities.
- Design technically feasible workflows with the care teams for the ECR.
- Develop structures and processes for the care teams to have high levels of participation in the design of workflows and system configuration.
- Design and deliver governance structures that achieve highly effective digital user group(s) within digital projects, with a focus on improving care delivery.
- Design relevant training for the care teams to improve digital project capability.
- Manage digital change within the care team, to ensure a shared understanding and alignment in the configuration of the ECR.
- Develop system implementation strategies, working closely with care, digital and corporate teams.
Specific qualification requirements that are necessary for the role:
- Professional registration in nursing or allied health discipline with AHPRA, preferably in the community sector, with a minimum of five years post graduate experience.
- Post graduate qualification or certification or working towards, in health informatics eg Certified Health Informatician Australiasia (CHIA).
Qualification and/or experience that are highly desirable for the role:
- Experience working in and delivering health informatics within a healthcare setting, preferably community based
- Experience in and knowledge of clinical informatics, implementation of ECR or equivalent, such as an Electronic Medical Record
- Excellent skills in and understanding of information technology or information systems and how they relate to clinical service delivery.
- Experience in leading and developing teams across different disciplines
Other experience or skill requirements for the role:
- A high standard of communication skills, including listening, asking questions, presenting and writing.
- Experience in leading projects and change, preferably in a digital, health environment
- A passion for user experience within the digital environment and understanding of human-centred design principles
- Strong belief in the Silverchain strategic direction of digitising client records and health information
- Ability to translate complex health and digital language and processes to the teams, to bring about collaboration and shared understanding
- Bringing people together in groups to facilitate and achieve objectives
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across a diverse team
- Systems thinker
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs
- Proactive and a problem solver
- Willingness to travel intra and interstate
Under the Aged Care act 1997, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
Based on Silver Chain Group Policy and Government Directions, prior to onboarding applicants will be required to provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 including booster, or evidence of a medical exemption to commence employment.
- Attractive salary
- Not for Profit Organisation benefit of salary packaging – up to $18,550 per year tax free
- Flexible work arrangements
- Open to be based anywhere in Australia
How to apply
To submit your application, phone +61 401 013 514.
Silverchain is the leading provider of high-quality health and aged care in the homes of more than 105,000 Australians every year. As an employer of choice our greatest strength is our people, and we provide expert care for our 4500 team members with ongoing support, training, and career development opportunities.
Driven by our values of integrity, respect, trust, and compassion, we aspire to create a better home care system for all Australians. Silverchain are proud members of the Diversity Council of Australia. We recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation where individuals can be authentic, respected and celebrated. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people of all ages, gender, abilities, culturally diverse and linguistic backgrounds.