Metro South Health Palliative Care Service
We operate public hospitals and health services in Brisbane South, Logan, Redland and Scenic Rim regions.
The Metro South Palliative Care Service (MSPCS) incorporates:
- a community service to the geographical area encompassing:
- Brisbane suburbs south of the river (excluding the suburbs surrounding St. Vincent's Hospital-Kangaroo Point)
- Logan City and Beaudesert
- Bayside suburbs of Redland City south of Cleveland (including the Bay Islands)
- in-reach medical consultancy to Logan, Redland, Princess Alexandra and QEII hospitals within the Metro South geographical boundaries
- inpatient public palliative care beds at Canossa Private Hospital, QEII, Logan, Beaudesert, Redland and Wynnum hospitals
- in-reach consultancy palliative care service to Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF's) within Metro South Health.
The MSPCS provides a specialist palliative care service with consultancy, shared and direct care elements that works in collaboration with primary and tertiary care providers to enhance quality end-of-life care and ease the suffering of people diagnosed with advanced progressing life-limiting conditions. MSPCS comprises multidisciplinary teams that provide face-to-face, telephone and telehealth consultations.